哈拉片語「Put ... on the map」(使……出名或具有重要性) |
英解︰make something famous or important, often referring to a place
在地圖上出現的地名必定具有一定的知名度或重要性,因此「把……放在地圖上」就是指「讓某人或某事變得有名或具有重要性」的意思。
讓……聲名大噪
Chien-Ming Wang has managed to put Taiwan on the map.
王建民已經讓台灣聲名大噪。
讓……出名
It's important that our village be put on the map if we want to attract tourists.
如果我們想吸引觀光客,讓我們的村子出名是很重要的。
使……廣為人知
It's disappointing that Columbine was put on the map because of a high school shooting.
令人失望的是,科倫拜高中是因為校園掃射事件才廣為人知。
讓……遠近馳名
Wonderful tea and beautiful scenery have put Alishan on the map.
好茶和美景讓阿里山遠近馳名。
讓……成名
Putting our town on the map isn't as important as retaining our local heritage.
讓我們的小鎮成名不比保持當地遺跡來得重要。
表達「遲到」的十句話 |
1. I'm sorry for being late.
抱歉我遲到了。
2. I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.
抱歉讓你久等了。
3. Sorry, I'm late again. I'll make it up to you. Dinner is on me. How's that?
抱歉,我又遲到了。我會補償你的。晚餐我請,如何?
4. Sorry, I didn't catch the bus. / I missed the bus.
抱歉,我沒趕上公車。/我錯過了公車。
5. Sorry, I hit rush hour traffic.
抱歉,我碰上尖峰時間的交通。
6. Sorry, I overslept this morning.
抱歉,我今天早上睡過頭了。
7. I know it might sound lame, but my alarm clock somehow didn't go off this morning.
我知道那聽起來可能有點扯,但我的鬧鐘今天早上不曉得怎麼搞的沒有響。
8. Sorry, I was delayed by a last-minute meeting.
抱歉,我因為臨時開會而耽擱了。
9. I forgot my wallet at home, so I went back for it. That's why I'm late.
我把皮夾忘在家裡,所以回去拿。因為這樣我才遲到。
10. I got struck in traffic. I tried to call your mobile phone, but it was busy.
我被困在車陣中。我有試著打你的手機,但忙線中。