本週話題焦點:機場、機上會話(出關 II)
Brian and Jocelyn are waiting in the line for going through Customs. Brian 和 Jocelyn 正在排隊要通過海關。 |
C.O.: Next person, please.
下一位,請往前。
Jocelyn: Hello.
哈囉。
C.O.: Hi. May I see your passport and boarding pass, please?
嗨,我可以看一下你的護照和登機證嗎?
Jocelyn: Here you go.
Here you go.
C.O.: Please look at the camera lens. We need to take a picture of yours for security reasons.
請看著鏡頭。因為安全的考量,我們需要照一張你的相片。
Jocelyn: No problem.
沒問題。
C.O.: How long will you be staying in Thailand?
你會在泰國待多久?
Jocelyn: About one week.
大概一個禮拜。
C.O.: Have you ordered a return ticket?
你有訂回程機票了嗎?
Jocelyn: About one week.
大概一個禮拜。
C.O.: Have you ordered a return ticket?
你有訂回程機票了嗎?
Jocelyn: Yes, I'll go back to Taiwan on September sixteenth.
有的,我會在九月十六號回台灣。
C.O.: What's the purpose of your visit?
你到這邊的目的為何?
Jocelyn: I am on vacation.
我是來渡假的。
C.O.: Have you ever been to Thailand before?
你以前有來過泰國嗎?
Jocelyn: No, this is my first time to visit.
沒有,這是我第一次造訪。
C.O.: May I have your declaration form? Do you have anything to declare?
可以給我你的申報表格嗎?有沒有任何東西需要申報?
Jocelyn: I don't think so.
我想應該沒有。
C.O.: O.K. Welcome to Thailand. Enjoy your stay!
好的。歡迎到泰國。祝你在這邊玩得愉快!
Jocelyn: I will, thank you.
我會的,謝謝你。
重要字詞講解: |
1. lens (n.) 鏡片 例:Please look at the camera lens. (請看著鏡頭。) 例:I forgot to remove and rinse my contact lenses last night. (我昨晚忘了把我的隱形眼鏡拿下來清洗。) ※ 小叮嚀: lens 指的是眼鏡或是放大鏡等所使用的,有曲面的透明鏡片,也可以指照相機等器材所使用的鏡頭。 2. security (n.) 安全 例:We need to take a picture of yours for security reasons. (因為安全的考量,我們需要照一張你的照片。) 例:Call the security right now. Somebody has broken into our house. (馬上去叫警衛,有人闖進了我們的房子。) ※ 小叮嚀: security 可以指「安全」這個抽象的概念,也可以指保全人員或系統。 3. return ticket 回程票 例:Have you ordered a return ticket? (你有訂回程機票了嗎?) 例:The round-trip ticket includes a return ticket. (這來回票包含一張回程票。) 4. purpose (n.) 目的 例:What's the purpose of your visit? (你到這邊的目的為何?) 例:The purpose of this machine is to shred unwanted documents. (這台機器的目的是切碎不要的文件。) 5. declare (v.) 申報 例:Do you have anything to declare? (有沒有任何東西需要申報?) 例:Now, with a computer, you can declare you taxes online. (現在,你可以用電腦上網申報所得稅。) ※ 小叮嚀: 申報的名詞是 declaration,申報表格叫做 declaration form。 |
相關實用句型解析
1. 對 … 拍照
sb. take a picture of …
例:We need to take a picture of yours for security reasons.
(因為安全的考量,我們需要照一張你的照片。)
例:I am looking forward to taking pictures of pandas in the zoo.
(我很期待對動物園裡的熊貓拍照。)
※ 小叮嚀:
"take a picture of" 的片語中,picture 可用另一個單字 photograph 來代替為 "take a photograph of"。另外,也可以直接把 photograph 當作照相的動詞。例:"I photograph the Great Wall." (我拍了萬里長城的照片。)
2. … 的目的為何?
What's the purpose of …
例:What's the purpose of your visit?
(你到這邊的目的為何?)
例:What's the purpose of their sit-in?
(他們靜坐的目的為何?)
留言列表